Delegation is often one of the hardest skills for managers to master. However, this skill could be learned. This two-day workshop will explore many of the aspects of delegation; most importantly when to delegate, and who to delegate to. We will also go through the delegation process to observe where the pitfalls lie, and what can managers do to overcome them.
How You Will Benefit:
- Clearly identify how delegation fits into your job and how it can make you more successful.
- Identify different ways of delegating tasks.
- Use an eight-step process for effective delegation.
- Give better instructions for better delegation results.
- Ask better questions and listen more effectively.
- Recognize common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- Test your delegation skills.
What You Will Cover:
- What is delegation?
- Why delegate?
- Picking the right person.
- The delegation meeting.
- Levels of authority.
- Giving instructions.
- Communication skills.
- Monitoring delegation.
- Practicing delegation.
- Giving feedback.
- Becoming a good delegator.