People who can master the art of negotiation also master saving time and money, developing a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes at work, and earn a greater edge in the workplace.
Whether you are working on a project or fulfilling work duties, this three-day workshop will provide you with a basic comfort level to negotiate with both internal and external clients. This interactive workshop includes techniques to endorse effective communications and gives you the desired capabilities for turning face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
How You Will Benefit:
- Understand how often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills.
- Recognize the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
- Identify the various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Develop strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
- Gain skill in developing alternatives and recognizing options.
- Have the opportunity to practice the “how to” of these skills in a supportive environment.
- Understand basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
What You Will Cover:
- What is Negotiation?
- The Successful Negotiator.
- Preparing for Negotiation.
- The Nuts and Bolts.
- Making the Right Impression.
- Getting off to a Good Start.
- Exchanging Information.
- The Bargaining Stage.
- Inventing Options for Mutual Gain.
- Getting Past No and Getting to Yes.
- Dealing with Negative Emotions.
- Moving from Bargaining to Closing.
- The Closing Stage.