The Art of Making Meetings Work
Meetings come in all shapes and sizes, from the meeting to a quick huddle in an office hallway. This one-day workshop will be concerned with small working meetings; with groups that have a job to do requiring energy, commitment, and talents of those who participate.
How You Will Benefit:
- Understand the value of meetings as a management tool.
- Recognize the critical planning step that makes meeting time more effective.
- Identify process tools that can help create an open and safe forum for discussion.
- Develop and practice techniques for handling counterproductive behavior.
What You Will Cover:
- The basics for effective meetings.
- The best and the worst of meetings.
- Holding productive meetings.
- Preparing for meetings.
- Setting the place.
- Leading a meeting.
- Process and content.
- Process tools, including DeBono’s thinking hats, rules of work, and facilitation skills.
- How to control a meeting.
- A plan for success.