We all know how difficult it could be to accurately determine the duration of a project. Project managers and leaders are in an ongoing challenge to overcome this problem. This two-day workshop will provide the factors and core fundamental elements that you should consider and address when creating any type of schedule.
Participants should complete the Intermediate Project Management workshop prior to this course, or have equivalent knowledge.
How You Will Benefit:
- Define and create a Work Breakdown Structure.
- Identify and understand task relationships.
- Estimate task durations and determine project duration.
- Construct a network diagram.
- Calculate the critical path of a project.
- Use the Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) to create estimates.
- Plan for risks.
- Create a communication plan.
- Effectively allocate project resources.
- Update and monitor the project schedule.
What You Will Cover:
- Projects and schedules.
- The Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Estimating activity durations.
- Identifying task dependencies.
- Aligning resources with activities.
- Project planning.
- Scheduling software.
- Uncertainty and risk management.
- Creating a viable schedule.
- Updating and monitoring the schedule.