Whether you are a team leader, a project manager, or a unit coordinator; this three-day workshop is designed to help you overcome many of the supervisory challenges you will encounter in your first few weeks of being a boss.
How You Will Benefit:
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of the new job.
- Adjust to the new role with confidence and an assurance you can handle the position.
- Develop your skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees.
- Develop a technique for making sure you give employees instructions that are clear and understood.
- Identify some techniques to deal with employee challenges, such as hostility, complaints, and laziness.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so you are seen as fair and consistent.
What You Will Cover:
- Pre-assignment review.
- Making the transition.
- Responsibilities of a supervisor.
- Setting goals.
- Planning for success.
- Listening skills.
- Asking questions.
- Giving feedback.
- Ask for what you want.
- Giving instructions.
- Orders, requests, and suggestions.
- Managing conflict.
- Dealing with difficult employees.
- Dealing with others.
- The reciprocal quality of relationships.