Supervisors represent a major force in the economy. You have the authority to manage the productivity of people who work for you. You are a crucial interface between employees who work in the service desk and the managers of the organization. This two-day workshop will equip you with the required experience and skills that will make you master your role in the organization.
How You Will Benefit:
- Learn ways to prioritize, plan, and manage your time.
- Identify your primary leadership style and techniques for maximizing that style.
- Develop more flexibility to use other leadership styles.
- Search for ways to overcome communication barriers.
- Determine ways you can meet the needs of employees and co-workers through communication and coaching.
- Explore ways to engage in productive rather than toxic debate, and to make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems.
What You Will Cover:
- Managing your time and energy.
- What makes a good leader?
- Communication as a leadership tool.
- The commitment curve.
- Employee development models.
- Dealing with conflict and difficult issues.
- What successful leaders do?